Your U.S. lawful permanent resident status is conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than two years old on the day you became a permanent resident. If this is the case, the USCIS will grant you conditional permanent resident status when you are either admitted to the United States on an immigrant visa or adjust your status to that of a permanent resident.

Under U.S. immigration law, you status is conditional until you prove, after a specified period of time, that you did not enter the marriage to circumvent the immigration laws of the United States. To remove conditions on residence, you must file a petition with the USCIS which includes evidence that your marriage was not entered into for the purpose of circumventing immigration legal requirements.

Conditional permanent residents cannot file Form I-90 to renew your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).

Please keep in mind that the steps you must take to apply for removal of conditions on residence will vary depending on your individual situation. If you would like more information about our removal of conditions services, or if you are ready to begin the process, please click the button below to get started.